- Funding can be any form of project financing.
- In any case it is just a share of the total eligible costs of the project.
- There is funding for investment and innovation projects.
- The conditions for being eligible for funding for an investment project usually differs from those for innovation projects.
- Funding is always there to help reduce a risk existing in the implementation of the project.
- Funding must not have a negative influence on competition.
- There is no legal entitlement to funding.
- There are very different types of funding: an interest-reduced loan, exemption from liability, guarantees, tax incentives, grants (donated money),…
- There are different sources of funding: regional sources, provincial, federal, at EU level, as well as special modes (e.g. grants).
- Projects that should be funded may not have already started (advance start clause).
The extremely complex issue of funding can only ever be explained in detail according to the situation. The approaches to funding are as varied as the seemingly endless number of funding sources and types. Please contact FINPOINT… we have partners in our network who are very familiar with this topic.